Let’s work together to ensure everyone has their voice heard. In these uncertain times we are living, I’m stepping up to be a public servant.
Qualified and Ready to Protect Your Vote.
Dan’s adult-life has been spent supporting and tackling issues that matter to not only himself but his community. As a professionally-trained lawyer, Dan has the knowledge and necessary skills to defend and challenge the rule of law.
- Trained hundreds of lawyers and volunteers in election law
- Managed and assigned workers to polling locations across 13 different counties in Florida
- Interacted with multiple Supervisors of Elections to protect the right to vote
- Focusing on Election Law Issues and pro-bono matters
- Successfully Sued for Election Law Violations in 2018 as a private citizen
- Law Clerk to Administrative Judge
- Law Clerk to Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights
- Law Clerk to ACLU National Security / Immigrants’ Rights Project
- Law Clerk to Florida 11th Judicial Circuit Judge
Deep Pinellas Roots
Dan Helm grew up in Pinellas and still has deep roots from the time his great-grandparents moved to St. Petersburg in the 1930’s. Dan’s grandmother was a small business owner who owned a flag shop in downtown St. Pete, near where he got his first job at Muvico.
Dan attended local public schools and graduated from Lakewood High School. As a competitive soccer and chess player, Dan traveled all over beautiful Pinellas participating in competitive sports. He learned at a young age a love of games, but also a deep appreciation of the rules. Dan co-founded the debate club at Lakewood High School and became increasingly passionate about the Constitution and voting rights issues.
Dan attended the University of Florida in Gainesville. Dan was active in Gainesville in voting issues, including personally registering many voters. While there, Dan met the love of his life: Rose.
After graduation from the University of Florida, Dan attended Emory Law School. Dan came to understand that the right to vote is what ultimately protects every other right we have. It is paramount that we have a process that protects voters rights.
After law school, Dan worked on Voter Protection issues in Florida in 2016. It was an eye opener!
Dan successfully sued a supervisor of elections 2018 for election law violations and forced elected officials to follow Florida election law.
Dan works professionally for a large educational company which has employed him for the past 7 years. Dan and Rose married this January. Rose is a practicing Physician Assistant. They have two lovely and spoiled rescue dogs, Mithra and Juno.
Let’s Work Together.
“I am running for Supervisor of Elections to establish a better, more inclusive voting experience for our community, Pinellas County.” – Dan Helm